Hour of Code
What is the Hour of Code?
A one-hour introduction designed to demystify computer science and show that anybody can learn the basics. Last year we had a huge amount of teacher and student participation. We will offer support to get you involved. Here is some information for you to get started.
What do I have to do to participate?
- Sign up
- Pick ANY date and time during the hour of code- Pick a time that works for you.
- Decide if you want to use iPads (use an app called Lightbot)
- Sign up for the lab or sign out iPads/MacBooks
- This year you can also create classes for kids so they won’t lose what they are working on (Sabrina and I can show you how to do this).
Other Hour of Code Resources for educators:
Use this template lesson plan to organize your Hour of Code.
- Check out best practices from past Hour of Code teachers.
- Attend our Educator's Guide to the Hour of Code webinar.
- Visit the Hour of Code Teacher Forum to get advice, insight, and support from other educators.
- Review the Hour of Code FAQ.