Policies and Plans
Parent Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security
Parents and students are entitled to certain protections regarding confidential student information. The District is committed to safeguarding personally identifiable information from unauthorized access or disclosure. Here is a full description of the Parent Bill of Rights: Parent Bill of Rights for Data Privacy and Security Policy
1- 1 Device Strategy 2021 - 2022
Now that we are back in our classrooms, we have modified our device strategy to best meet the needs of each grade level.
- Grades K-4: All Concord Road classrooms will have a dedicated cart of Chromebooks for use during the day. These devices will remain in school. In addition, carts of iPads will be available for shared use amongst classrooms when needed.
- Grades 5 - 8: Students in grades 5 - 8 are required to use a school-issued device. Students are NOT allowed to bring in their personal devices to school. This is a change from last year.
All students will receive their devices in the first week of school. Students in grades 7 - 8 will receive refurbished devices from our existing inventory while students in Grades 5 and 6 will be receiving a new Acer C871 Chromebook for the 2021 - 2022 school year. Our hope is that these new Acer Chromebooks will be available for use over the next 4 years. The 5th and 6th-grade devices will also come with a Nutkase “Always On Big Pocket” in order to help keep the Chromebook protected from wear and damage.
All students will be responsible for returning their devices in good physical and working condition at the end of the school year. For the new devices, the Ardsley UFSD has partnered with Worth Ave. Group to offer an affordable insurance program for school-issued student devices for the 2021-22 school year. We encourage 5th and 6th-grade parents and any parent that received a brand new device to closely review this opportunity and purchase insurance for these new devices valued at approximately $320.
- Grades 9 - 12: Students in grades 9 - 12 are allowed to bring in their personal device but if they would like the District to provide a school-issued Chromebook, they must fill out this form: https://forms.gle/s1aKBtVzP1P5UuoP6
All students in grades 5 - 12 must:
- Charge their own devices at home: It is important that students take responsibility for charging their devices at home and coming to school with a Chromebook or laptop device that is in proper working order.
- While not mandatory, students may find earbuds/headphones to be helpful throughout the day while at school. Although not supplied by the school, students may choose to bring their own.
Please note if your student is using a school-supplied laptop, only Ardsley students can log in to the system (it will not accept personal Google account credentials). Please follow these How to Sign in to your Chromebook instructions. There are other restrictions based on grade/age, we currently have a whitelist (District-approved software and colleges) and a walled garden in place. Students are limited to send and receive emails only from users within the ardsleyschools.org domain. Every student who uses a school-supplied device must sign the Chromebook Usage Agreement which will be provided.
Help Desk & Support
- Parents/students can email firstname.lastname@example.org to report issues and get assistance.
- Visit the Technology website for useful tools and additional information.
- If parents have trouble accessing the parent portal, please email Erin Newton, email@example.com
It is the goal of the Ardsley Union Free School District that the information on our website is accessible to individuals with visual, hearing or cognitive disabilities. Efforts have been made to ensure that our website complies with New York State standards on website accessibility.