FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is my child permitted to bring a friend on the bus?
- No. Only students assigned to a bus may ride that bus.
Is my child allowed to get on or off the bus at a different stop?
- No. All students must use their assigned bus stop.
Can my child get off the bus in the afternoon without a parent there?
- Concord Road students in Kindergarten, 1st grade and 2nd grade must be met at the bus stop by a parent or guardian. If there is no parent at the bus stop, the driver is instructed to take the student back to the school and the parent will be notified.
- Students in all higher grades (3rd and up) may get off the bus on their own.
Can my child be picked up from or dropped off to a location other than our home?
- If you regularly use a babysitter or other childcare service at a different address, your K-8 child may be able to take a bus to and/or from that location if you submit a signed and notarized Childcare Provider Form to the transportation department. (Click here for the form.) The childcare must be at an address within Ardsley, and an adult must meet the bus at the stop for K-2 students.
We recently moved to a new address within the district OR moved into the district and registered for school. Will my child be able to start riding the bus right away?
- No. It can take several days (or more, depending on the time of year) for the transportation department to get the registration information, assign your child to a bus, and get a revised route to the bus company/driver. You will be notified by e-mail when the busing is set up and the date it can begin.
Is it possible to change my child’s assigned bus stop to a different location?
- Maybe. You may send your request by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be reviewed. Note: No changes will be considered during the first few weeks of school.