During Second Grade Math, your child will…
- Spend time exploring problems in depth.
- Learn a variety of strategies based on place value to solve story problems.
- Express mathematical thinking using pictures, numbers and words.
- Work in a variety of groupings to solve problems and play games.
- Learn strategies to become more fluent with his/her addition and subtraction facts to 20.
- Use a variety of tools and manipulatives to strengthen mathematical concepts.
- Count, add and subtract within 1000.