During this school year, we will transition to our updated math program, INVESTIGATIONS 3. The students will have access to the accompanying online platform Realize which will provide parents and students with access to a variety of digital tools in support of rich mathematical experiences.
INVESTIGATIONS 3 content is based on the Investigations 2nd Edition program we have used, but has been updated to fully address Common Core State Standards for Mathematics.
In Grade 4, the ideas being expanded upon include the following:
- Fluency with addition and subtraction algorithms
- Multiplication as comparison
- Multiplication and division of 4-digit by 1-digit numbers
- Multiplying a whole number by a fraction
- Greater inclusion of multi-step problems