Second grade scientists learn how to observe, record, and interpret information like scientists. They learn to identify and utilize tools in the science classroom. As scientists, we will be focusing on exploring and explaining different phenomenons. The children will apply the skills they learn as they work in cooperative groups, delegating jobs and sharing the tasks.
The performance expectations in second grade help students formulate answers to questions such as:
- How does land change and what are some things that cause it to change?
- What are the different kinds of land and bodies of water?
- How are materials similar and different from one another, and how do the properties of the materials relate to their use?
- What do plants need to grow?
- How many types of living things live in a place?