The Elementary school years set the foundation for developing the skills needed for children to become resilient and confident life-long learners.
At Concord Road School, our K-4th guidance program is developmental and proactive by design. Our mission is to provide a comprehensive approach which adapts to meet the changing needs of our children and families. In our day to day work with children, we foster the emotional, social and academic growth of all students.
According to the American School Counseling Association (ASCA), elementary school counselors are professionals with a mental health perspective who understand and respond to the challenges presented by today’s diverse student population. "Elementary school counselors don’t work in isolation; rather they are integral to the total educational program."
Michelle Stavrou / School Counselor
Guidance / SEL Programs
- K-4th grade guidance class lessons
- Topics include: Feelings, emotion management / Meta-moment, coping skills, whole-body listening, personal & internet safety lessons, friendship skills, problem-solving and anti-bullying strategies
- Individual & Small group counseling
- DBT counseling
- New Student Welcome lunches
- Consultations with staff / parents / school community / PTA
- Participation in the RTI model for supporting students
- Support transitions to middle school
- Crisis intervention
- RULER - School SEL program
- Kelso's Choice Conflict Resolution program
- Peace Table / Calm area for children
- Peer programs: Buddy Bench, Peacemakers Club, Panthers Peer
- Panthers R.O.A.R. Character & Kindness Paws program
- Participation in the Wellness Fair
- Food & Sneakers Drive
- Parent workshop on Internet Safety