District Clerk/Public Information
2 Concord Road
Ardsley, NY 10502
The school District Clerk performs a variety of clerical, financial record keeping for the Board, public information and administrative duties in connection with the district and the Board of Education's management oversight activities.
Annual Budget Vote and Election Results
The Board of Education, administrators and staff thank the community for your continued support of our schools. The Ardsley UFSD 2020-2021 school budget passed thanks to the support of voters.
Here are the results from the vote.Budget VoteYes - 1,397No - 626
Teresa Quackenbush and Pamela Epstein will be the two elected members who will serve a three year term as a Board of Education Trustee.
Megan O’Malley Schoenberg
Olivia Neza Kellezi
Live Streaming of Opening of Budget Vote and BOE Election Ballots Process
The Governor's Executive Order No. 202.25 mandated that the school district vote and election be held remotely by absentee ballot only. The Ardsley Board of Education would like to give the public the opportunity to view the opening of the ballots, and therefore, we are live streaming here. The opening of the ballots commenced at 5 pm on June 16, 2020.
Follow this link for the live streaming.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING AND ANNUAL MEETING AND ELECTION OF THE SCHOOL BOARD TRUSTEES OF THE ARDSLEY UNION FREE SCHOOL DISTRICT
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a public hearing of the qualified voters of the Ardsley Union Free School District, Westchester County, Ardsley, New York, will be held remotely on June 1, 2020 at 6:30 PM for the presentation of the budget document.
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Annual Meeting and Election of the Ardsley Union Free School District, Westchester County, Ardsley, New York, will be held on June 9, 2020 for the purpose of voting upon:
- Adoption of the budget for the 2020-2021 fiscal year; and
- Election of two members of the Board of Education for full three-year terms, beginning July 1, 2020, and ending June 30, 2023.
The vote will be exclusively by absentee voting. The canvassing of votes will occur at 5:00 PM on June 9, 2020 at the Ardsley District Office, 500 Farm Road, Ardsley. The public will not be permitted to attend in-person
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN that any resident of the school district who wishes to be a registered voter for this election may register with the board of elections by submitting a registration form by mail or by submitting an on-line application for voter registration with the Department of Motor Vehicles at https://dmv.ny.gov/more-info/electronic-voter-registration-application.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN that candidates for the office of Member of the Board of Education may be nominated or self-nominated by petition directed to the District Clerk stating the name and residence address of the candidate and that he or she is qualified to be a member of the Board of Education. No signatures are required on the nominating petition. Each petition shall be filed in the Office of the Clerk at email@example.com by not later than Monday, May 11, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. at. A form of petition can be obtained from the District Clerk.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN that copies of the text of any resolution which will be presented to the voters at this Annual Election and a statement of estimated expenses for the ensuing year will be completed and may be viewed on the District’s website on each day during the fourteen days immediately preceding said Annual Election, to wit, May 26, 2020 to June 9, 2020, inclusive, and also on said Annual Election Day.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN that the District Clerk will mail an absentee ballot to any identified registered voter. Absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5:00 PM, prevailing time, on June 9, 2020.
NOTICE IF FURTHER GIVEN that Military Voters may register and/or request a military ballot from the District Clerk at Telephone (914) 231-0825, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 5:00 P.M. on May 14, 2020. The Military Voter may indicate their preference for receiving the application by mail, by facsimile or email. Military ballots will be mailed or otherwise distributed no later than 25 days before the election. Military ballots must be received by the District Clerk by 5:00 P.M. on election day and showing a cancellation mark of the U.S postal service or a foreign country’s postal service, or showing a dated endorsement of receipt by another agency of the U.S. government or signed and dated by the military voter and one witness thereof, with a date which is ascertained to be not later than the day before the election.
NOTICE IS FURTHER GIVEN that a Real Property Tax Exemption Report prepared in accordance with Section 495 of the Real Property Tax Law will be annexed to any tentative/preliminary budget as well as the final adopted budget of which it will form a part; and shall be posted on the District's website
By order of the
BOARD OF EDUCATION
Ardsley School District Annual Budget/Election Information
Budget Vote /BOE Member Election Information
The rescheduled date of the Annual Meeting of Ardsley School District's Election/Budget Vote is June 9, 2020.
In accordance with Executive Order No. 202.25, the Budget Vote and School Board Election of two (2) members of the Board of Education, for the period of July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2023 will be held remotely, by Absentee Ballot only. Qualified voters of this School District will receive absentee ballots by mail.
New Nominating Petition Requirements for Board of Education School Board Candidates
There is no minimum number of signatures required on nominating petitions this year. Candidates for the office of school board member must, however, meet the qualification requirements set forth in Section 2102, Education Law, to wit, must be able to read and write, a United States citizen, at least 18 years of age by the election and a resident of the school district for at least one year immediately preceding the election. Candidates will be listed in alphabetical order on the absentee ballot.
Petitions must be submitted to the District Clerk, Toni Tiso - email@example.com at least 30 days before the Annual Meeting, by Monday, May 11, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
Budget Vote/Election Information
In accordance with Executive Order No. 202.26, the Budget Vote and School Board Election of two members of the Board of Education, for the period of July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2023, will be held remotely, by Absentee Ballot only.
The District Clerk will mail an absentee ballot to any identified registered voter of this School District. Absentee ballots must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5:00 PM, on June 9, 2020.
The canvassing of votes will occur at 5:00 PM on June 9, 2020 at the Ardsley District Office, 500 Farm Road. The public will not be permitted to attend in person.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, there will be no personal voter registration held at school district offices prior to the June 9, 2020 vote. Any resident of the school district who wishes to be a registered voter for this election may register with the Board of Elections by submitting a registration form by mail or by submitting an on-line application for voter registration with the Department of Motor Vehicles at https://dmv.ny.gov/more-info/electronic-voter-registration-application.
- U.S. Citizen
- At least 18 years old
- A resident of the District for at least 30 days immediately preceding the election/vote
- If a voter is not qualified to register for or vote in a general election under the Election Law (e.g. certain felons), not a qualified voter
- In districts with personal registration of voters, registration with the County Board of Elections or with the School District
Anyone registered with the County Board of Elections who resides within the School District is automatically registered to vote in school elections/budget votes.
Legal Qualifications for Board Candidates
To qualify for membership on the school board an individual:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the District; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
(Note: a convicted felon is barred from running for a seat on a school board if his or her maximum prison sentence has not expired or if he or she has not been pardoned or discharged from parole.)
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the school board.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
INFORMACIÓN DEL PRESUPUESTO ANUAL/ELECCIÓN DEL DISTRITO ESCOLAR ARDSLEY
Cualificación de votantes
- Ciudadano/a de EE. UU.
- Haber cumplido por lo menos 18 años
- Residente del Distrito por lo menos 30 días inmediatamente anteriores a la elección/votación
- Si los votantes no están cualificados para registrarse o votar en una elección general en virtud de la Ley Electoral (por ejemplo, ciertos delincuentes), no son votantes cualificados
- En los distritos con registro personal de los votantes, registro en la Junta Electoral del Condado o en el distrito escolar
Cualquier persona registrada en la Junta Electoral del Condado que reside dentro del distrito escolar está automáticamente registrada para votar en las elecciones escolares/votación del presupuesto.
Requisitos legales para los candidatos de la Junta
Para poder ser miembros de la junta escolar los individuos:
- Deben poder leer y escribir;
- Deben ser votantes cualificados del distrito; es decir, ciudadanos de los Estados Unidos, haber cumplido por lo menos 18 años y no ser declarados incompetentes.
(Nota: los delincuentes convictos no tienen derecho a postularse a un puesto de una junta escolar si su máxima sentencia de prisión no ha caducado o si él o ella no ha sido perdonado o ha terminado su periodo de libertad condicional).
- Deben ser y haber sido residentes del distrito escolar por un período continuo e ininterrumpido de por lo menos un año inmediatamente anterior a esta elección (pero no necesita ser contribuyente tributario).
- No haber sido destituidos de un cargo de distrito escolar dentro del año anterior.
- No pueden residir con otro miembro de la misma junta escolar como un miembro de la misma familia.
- No pueden ser empleados actuales del distrito escolar.
- No pueden tener simultáneamente otro cargo público incompatible.
Standard Work Day and Reporting - Resolution
Resolved: That the Board of Education of the Ardsley Union Free School District/75506 hereby establishes the following as standard work days for appointed officials and will report the following days worked to the New York State and Local Employees' Retirement System based on the time keeping system records or the record of activities maintained and submitted by these officials to the District Clerk: