Get Involved and Stay Connected
We greatly value the strong partnership we have with our community. Your ongoing budget support has made it possible for us to have a rich curriculum, quality teachers, extensive facilities, state-of-the-art technology and maintain our status as an award winning and sought out school district. We sincerely thank you for your support and encourage your active participation as we continue on our journey.
How can I get involved?
- Board of Education meetings will continue to be held on Tuesday evenings and are open to the community beginning at 7:00pm. Every month we discuss a specific aspect of the curriculum or new initiative within the district. Join us in person or watch video of the meetings on our website. Your concerns and compliments are welcome at the meetings or via email to the board (BOE@ardsleyschools.org). Check the district calendar for meeting schedules.
- The Ardsley Parent Teacher Association is a close partnership between Ardsley teachers, parents and school administrators across all three schools. Through active PTA involvement you can bring different perspectives to bear and help bridge the connection between home and school by sharing information, providing resources, getting involved in the classrooms, organizing community service opportunities for students and families, sponsoring fun family events, and much more.
- The Ardsley Education Foundation is a 501 (C) (3) non-profit educational organization formed to enrich the Ardsley Public Schools by providing enhancements beyond those available through traditional sources of funding. Members of the AEF help us in building an asset roadmap and prioritizing program opportunities.
- Each school has a buidling Planning, Performance Leadership Team (PPLT) that is made up of parents, students, teachers and staff. Meeting on a monthly basis, these teams undergo cooperative planning and make recommendations to the building administration, district administration and the Board of Education. Each PPLT determines its annual priorities and may examine a broad range of educational issues ranging from developing recognition programs for students and staff, setting curricular goals, objectives and outcomes, to interviewing prospective staff members and providing fiscal recommendations.
How can I stay connected to the District?
- eBlasts are delivered through our email system and provide time sensitive updates, ‘Sharing Successes’, ‘Noteworthy News’ and community events information. To sign up to receive the eBlasts:
- Parents with children in the district: Log onto the Parent Portal, click on your child’s student id number to access your records, and verify your contact information.
- Social media is increasingly important to our communication strategy.
- The District and individual school websites provide comprehensive information and are updated regularly with new information. Visit these sites to get calendars, directories, class pages, publications, press releases, news articles, quick links to related sites and more.
- Download the “Ardsley App” from iTunes or Google Play for easy access to your mobile cell phones or tablets.
How do I stay connected to my child’s teacher and classroom?
- Class Pages provide a direct link to our classrooms and provide class schedules, current homework assignments, projects and other learning resources.
- The Parent Portal provides progress reports, grades and emergency contact information.
- Our doors are open. Stay in touch with your teachers throughout the school year. Since most of a teacher’s day is spent with students, email tends to be the timeliest first line of communication, with conferences being arranged as desired by either a parent or teacher. Always feel free to contact your principal, guidance counselor or district staff if you feel extra attention is needed to an issue or simply to provide feedback on a program. Staff directories are available on each of our websites.