2022-2023 Budget Vote and Election Results
The Ardsley UFSD 2022-2023 school budget passed thanks to the support of voters. Here are the official results from the vote.
Yes - 709 (78%)
No - 199 (22%)
Capital Project Proposition #2
The proposition to use one million dollars of capital reserve funds toward a two million dollar upgrade to the HVAC systems in all three schools and enhance the air quality in our classrooms passed.
Yes - 747 (82%)
No - 162 (18%)
Hrishi Karthikeyan and Viktoriya Paroder will be the elected members who will serve a three year term as Board of Education Trustees.
Budget Vote / Election Information
The 2022-2023 Budget Vote and Election of TWO (2) members of the Board of Education for the period July 1, 2022 to June 30, 2025 took place on Tuesday, May 17, 2022, between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. and between the hours of 2:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. The polling place was the Ardsley High School Building.
- U. S. Citizen
- At least 18 years old
- A resident of the District for at least 30 days immediately preceding the election/vote
- If a voter is not qualified to register for or vote in a general election under the Election Law (e.g. certain felons), not a qualified voter
- In districts with personal registration of voters, registration with the County Board of Elections or with the School District
You may register any weekday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. at the District Clerk’s Office, located in the District Office, 500 Farm Road. A special registration day is set for Thursday, May 12th, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. The last date to register for the Budget Vote/Annual Election is May 12th.
*Anyone registered with the County Board of Elections who resides within the School District is automatically registered to vote in school elections/budget votes.
Absentee ballot applications are available at the District Clerk’s Office at the District Office during normal business hours (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.) or by downloading the application. The absentee ballot application should be submitted in original form, with the original signature on it. It must be submitted at least seven days before the vote/election if the ballot will be mailed to the voter and by the day before the vote/election if the ballot will be personally picked up by the voter. The absentee ballot must be received by the District Clerk by 5:00 p.m. on the day of the vote/election in order to be counted.
Board Candidate Packets Available
School Board Candidate Petition Packets may be obtained from the District Clerk at the District Office during normal business hours (8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.). Packets can also be requested electronically by e-mailing the District Clerk, Ms. Donna Accurso, at firstname.lastname@example.org. If requesting a packet electronically, please include your full name and address for our files. Completed nominating petitions (must be original) require at least 25 signatures of qualified voters and must be submitted to the District Clerk no later than Monday, April 18th, at 5:00 p.m.
Legal Qualifications for Board Candidates
To qualify for membership on the school board, an individual:
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the District; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
(Note: a convicted felon is barred from running for a seat on a school board if his or her maximum prison sentence has not expired or if he or she has not been pardoned or discharged from parole.)
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year immediately before the election.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the school board.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
The Westchester-Putnam School Boards Association Workshop for Prospective School Board Members will be held on Monday, April 4, 2022, via Zoom, from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Candidates should register directly with WPSBA. To register, visit their website www.wpsba.org. Please register by April 1st. For questions, email email@example.com or call 914-345-8737.